in which you meet Daisy

Meet Daisy. You've probably met her already, actually, since I've been sticking her cute little face under the nose of every person I know since she was born in December, but never mind. She's adorable, and I love her so so much. She likes it when I cover her face in kisses and she giggles when I sing 'The Grand Old Duke Of York,' she has more hair than any other baby I ever saw before and she has the most amazing big brown eyes. I am so so proud to be able to say that I'm her Auntie. (She also makes me incredibly broody, but that's a whole other story!)
This is her last night, having a little snooze whilst we were all out for a meal for Ian's Mum's birthday. Mmmm. Pork in apple gravy, yes please.

I also had a lovely chat with my nephew, I bought him Dahl's 'The Twit's' for his birthday back in February and he's just finished it so we spent a happy ten minutes talking about the horrible Mr & Mrs Twit and Mugglewump and the Dreaded Shrinks. It was a nice time, and for that bried period I was 7 again myself. There's something rather satisfying about a child you love, loving a book that you loved <3 I've just picked up 'James and the Giant Peach' and 'George's Marvellous Medicine' on the way into the office, so shall throw those in his direction I think.