in which i am excited

On Thursday I am going to London. This makes me very happy, because not only does it mean I get to escape from the office for a day, and sit on a train with Neil Gaiman’s ‘Coraline’ – I have several of Neil’s novels which I plan to devour over the summer, Coraline being the first - it also means I get to spend the day with the lovely Jen. I am VERY excited. If I could change anything about my life at the moment it would be to have Jen and another friend of mine, Sue, living closer than they do so the prospect of a whole day with Jen is definitely high on my list of ‘fun things to do.’

Jen is lovely, and very clever. She recently graduated from Edinburgh University with an MA in English Literature, and is now officially a struggling writer, fingerless gloves and all. Although I think at the moment she is managing to pay her electricity bills! She is working on her first novel, which I can confidently say is going to be fabulous – and I say this not because it’s what you do when your friend is writing a book, but because I 100% believe it - and working part time at what sounds like an amazing little bookshop. She is a lucky girl. I think I could be accused of living vicariously through her….

So there you have it, my plan for Thursday; 4 hours of uninterrupted reading time, lots of squeeful hugs, Camden Market, Hamstead Heath, tyre swings, ice cream and photographs. The only question is, what does a girl wear….?