Quick March Wrap Up






Ah March, how happy happy happy you made me. To be honest, though, any month that both starts and ends with a holiday has got to be a good one, am I right?
.

What I did:

·         The start of the month was the end of our February ski trip, which I talked about in my last wrap up: mountains and My Best Guy = perfection.
·         One of my littlies had her first dance show in March so that was a lovely time, followed by Thai food with MBG. Always with the Thai food. We have a bit of a Pad Thai related problem, truth be told.
·         I went out with some friends – we went for tapas at our friend’s bar and then to one of the local theatres where they were showing Mamma Mia on a big screen complete with falling confetti and live music. There was prosecco and dancing and it was a fabulous evening.
·         I spent a day with my Mum, Auntie and Granny doing crafty stuff which was low key and lovely. I do not excel at the craft stuff, but it was good to spend time with them.
·         I had brunch with Helen and Molly – and Dan too actually, which was a lovely time. Molly’s reaction to the black pudding on her plate was hilarious.
·         And then I went on holiday again.
·         I spent a day skiing in La Plagne with my pal Jane and her husband and two gorgeous girls. It was one of those perfect days – we skied and laughed and danced and drank and when the 4 year old was asked what was the best part of her day she said it was My Best Guy helping her put her skis on. Too cute. Chair lift selfies galore, guys. & vin chaud.
·         MBG and I then spent two days skiing in Val D’Isere and Tignes. It was perfect: blue skies and good snow and so so quiet we often felt like we had the mountain to ourselves. I finally finally skied The Face black run in Val D’Isere which I am super proud of as I couldn’t have done it even last year. I was terrified at first, but I loved it. I had the biggest grin on my face by the end.  
·         We had an amazing pizza of dreams at a cute little bar in a lil town called Saint Foy.
·         We headed home via a town called Troyes which we immediately fell in love with, all old timber buildings and prettiness. We drank a lot of fruit beer and sat outside IN T-SHIRTS. This is remarkable as it’s been like winter again in England. Brrr. It was minus one yesterday morning when I got in my car. What even?
·         Back in England we had a night in Cambridge – again, fruit beer and fruit cider and pretty old buildings. Less of the tshirts. See above re temperatures in England.

March in 3 photos:

Finally got to ski with these guys!

Happy smiling CashCat
Troyes, where we drank fruit beer and were happy.



I read:








I listened to:

Not much actually – a bit of Queen on the road trip home. Lots of French radio!

I watched:

Marvellous Mrs Maisel. Grace and Frankie. Glee. The Good Fight. Arrow. Line of Duty. The Grand Tour. Dumplin’. Queer Eye. How to Get Away with Murder




Bookish plans for April:

I’ve already read Nevernight and I was sent a proof of The Carer by Deborah Moggach which I have almost finished. I want to read Asking For It as my ‘off my bookshelf’ book which I got for Christmas off my parents and then I have Paradise Lodge to read on my Kindle along with an eArc of Reasons to Be Cheerful. I also have Diary of a Drag Queen to get to and for some reason I really want to reread Flambards. We shall see how much of that I actually manage. Ha. I did 7 last month so I’m hopeful!!