Quick October Wrap Up








Oh but how I loved October. SO MUCH LOVE.







.



What I did:

·         I had a fabulous day celebrating the 70th birthday of a rather wonderful lady – we had a tea party and then got a limo into Manchester where we went to Cloud 23 for cocktails before going to see Matilda at the theatre and it was just a gorgeous gorgeous day.

·         I went to Tenerife with my bestie for a long weekend. We sat in the sun and read books and chatted and got a little bit drunk because people offered us 2 cocktails and 2 shots for 10 euros and paddled in the sea and it was LUSH. I’m sad that the Tenerife apartment is being sold so we won’t be able to do that again. Sometimes you just need to take your best friend and get on a plane, even if you do miss home whilst you’re there.

·         I saw Austentacious with my bestie and our mothers which was excellent – if you get  chance then you should absolutely go and see it. It’s an improv show, set in Jane Austen-esque times and it’s just so clever. The audience make title suggestions and the cast pick one to act out – when we saw it they did Willoughby Wonka and it was hilarious. I think it’s still on tour….

·         And then we saw Matilda so I saw that twice in a month which, well, as if that doesn’t make it one of the best months ever then I don’t know what does. I think Matilda is in my top 5 shows. Helen and I saw it a few years ago in London but it was lovely to share it with The Mothers.

·         I went shopping with my Mum which was a really really lovely day. It’s always nice to have some one on one time with her and she bought ALL THE CLOTHES which was excellent times,

·         It was my best guy’s birthday so we headed over to Hebden Bridge for a day of drinking and eating and laughing with some pals. Again – such a lovely day, but then celebrating the existence of somebody who makes your heart smile is guaranteed to be fun, isn’t it.

·         I DON’T THINK I ATE ANY THAI FOOD WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE.

October in 3 photos:

BFF's in Tenerife

Always with a kitten photo. You're welcome. 
When Pam turned 70.


I read:








Being on holiday with Helen is so good for my reading. LOOK HOW MANY BOOKS.

I listened to:




The audiobook of Doing It by Hannah Witton

I watched:




I watched a lot of Grace and Frankie and also Killing Eve on the BBC. It’s Strictly season, so obviously that, and my best guy and I watched Doctor Who – I’m loving Jodie Whittaker so hard.



Bookish plans for November:

Ah winter. I love reading in the winter. On my list for November is the new Jeffrey Archer, Heads You Win, Still Lives by Maria Hummel, Vicious and the new Mackenzie Lee WHICH I CANNOT WAIT TO HOLD IN MY HANDS. I want to read Temeraire also and A Gathering of Shadows.  I also want to keep going with my new thing where I pick a book I’ve had a while and read that so WATCH THIS SPACE. I’ve got my eye on Illuminae for that.