June Wrap Up





HOW IS ANOTHER MONTH OVER THOUGH??

I’d been feeling a little bit antsy about June; a hospital appointment was looming and that’s never fun. As it happened it all went fine, as I kind of thought it would, and the rest of the month was a smasher.

LET ME TELL YOU ‘BOUT IT.

What I did:

The month started off with a friend throwing an afternoon tea party. The sun shone and we sat outside in her rather lush garden drinking gin and prosecco, eating cake, and chatting. It was lush.

My best guy and I headed out to Saint Gervais for a long weekend. There were long walks and a day spent sitting on the balcony reading in the sun; there was yummy food and Aperol Spritz in the sunshine and lots of cuddles and lots of giggles and then we watched the Criterium du Dauphine cycle race go through the village which was exciting. MBG is a massive cycling fan; he got to meet Sir Dave Brailsford and Geraint Thomas (who won the race!) and generally lived his best life.

I had a spa weekend! My friend Hol lives in Edinburgh and my friend Natalie lives in Cheshire so we’re fairly scattered about so once or twice a year we try to organise a weekend away. This time it was Harrogate. A spa morning at Rudding Hall followed by shopping and wine. Lovely. I bough a blazer and we laughed a LOT.

Then, I ended the month celebrating my friend Jane’s birthday with the best meal I’ve eaten in a long time at this cute little place called Roots Supper Club in Ramsbottom. YUM.

June in 3 photos:


Who knew an airport breakfast could look like this. Definitely started our mini break off the right way!



I'm not going to lie: it felt a little bit weird getting in a cable car wearing shorts and without my skis!




These two though.

I read:






I listened to:

 Actually nothing specific. We played a fun 'name a song that reminds you of...' when I was away with the girls and other than that I was pretty music free in June. 


I watched:




Season 4 was on Netflix so I pretty much flew through that, and loved every minute. Such a good show. 

  

And that is June. So much better than I had worried it would be. It’s July now and I am positively giddy with excitement: 19 sleeps til I head back out to the Alps and then spend a few days in Italy. I love our summer road trips and we keep floating new ideas for this one and I can’t wait.

Bookish plans for June:

I’m hoping to get stuck into:




AND STILL because how have I not read these yet???