Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving:

His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman

My Dad read these books before I did, a long time before I did actually. I think that's probably why I never showed any interest: my Dad and I don't share the same taste in books. He's big on the whole sc-fi/fantasy thing - Issac Asimov, David Eddings, Terry Brooks - and I am catergorically not so it was always safe to say that anything he was reading I wouldn't want too. Yes, I know, I made a very similar mistake with Harry Potter at first in assuming anything my little brother was reading wouldn't be my cup of tea. What can I say? I never learn!

I read them, eventually, a few years ago because the wonderful Jen Campbell told me I should and what you need to know about me is that whilst I might have a history of not reading books I should read because I wrongly assume I'll hate them, I also have a history of reading anything Jen (or my Granny) suggest I should. So, Jen kept telling me I should read them and I was a bit unsure but decided to go for it and BAM. I was hooked. It was like Harry Potter all over again. Lovelovelovelovelove. Lots of love. Actually, I think I might be due a re-read....